Friday, August 17, 2007

Baby Wendy

Could anything be better than having a candy bar named after you? Yes, yes, yes! My own namesake yarn!
When Courtney made her pilgrimage to TNNA, she ordered custom colors for all of the Rosie's staffers. This lovely thing is mine mine mine! (By the way, notice the tan!)
So, what is it, you ask - beside your name, of course. It's Pasttimes Soy Silk. It comes in a million colors, and it's yumm-o! And, not only does it come spun up - it comes in roving as well.

The last time we had this 550 yard bargain ($11/skein) in the store, I snatched up a gold colorway, and like lightening, knitted Swallowtail in all of a week, and gifted it to my mom for Mother's Day:
I know, the picture is crap, I don't have a close up - but it was really pretty, and mom was tickled. And, with those new Addi Lace Turbo needles, the nups were a snap.

If I had any complaints about this super soft, great definition laceweight yarn, it would be that the yarn is well, saturated; I did walk around looking like I had gold dust on my hands for about a week. But, hey, a little soap and water never hurt anyone - it was definitely worth it. Once it was soaked and blocked (and let me tell you, it looked great pre-blocked), there were no more inky ickies.

And, what am I going to make with the 2 skeins of Me that I've set aside. Perhaps Bee Fields, that's what's in my head at that moment. We shall see. Right now, I'm just going to savor the label - who cares about the yarn!

So, pop by Rosie's - pick up my colorway - or any of the other staffers - mixed in the heap are Courtney, Lisa, Stacey, Joceyln, Judy, Laura and Kate - and on and on!

7 comments:

Bridget said...

Wow, I guess this means you are famous! :-)

Anonymous said...

Okay - so how does one not in Rosie's neighborhood purchase some Wendy yarn - I am loving the colours!!

Wendy said...

I MUST have a Wendy skein! Mommy needs a Swallowtail (I gifted mine). How can I get some? A Wendy for a Wendy... :)

cece3 said...

Is it just me but I can't read the yellow print?

Emily said...

That Swallowtail was so tempting, wasn't it? I couldn't stay away!

I'm planning on the Honeybee stole, myself!

Ellen said...

I'm thinking over heaving my Soysilk to the side for a quick fling with that Wendy colorway = very nice!

WandaWoman said...

wow, pretty colorway and even prettier shawl.